New Columbia Swing COVID Policies and FAQs
Last update: March 27, 2022
We're excited to begin hosting dance events once again! As we all navigate this new landscape, we want you to know what to expect. Here is a summary of our current policies around vaccination, mask wearing, and everything you need to know to help protect your fellow dancers and yourself.
This page reflects our current policies. These policies are subject to change as the situation evolves.
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 is required at all our in-person events. Full vaccination means:
- Initial course: It must be at least two weeks since you completed the the initial course (1 or 2 doses as indicated) of an FDA-authorized vaccine, or internationally-approved equivalent.
- Booster shot: Your most recent dose of an approved vaccine must have occurred within 7 months of the date of the event, or you must have received at least one booster shot. A booster shot is defined as a dose of an mRNA vaccine after an initial course of vaccination. International equivalent booster shots are also accepted.
- If you have received a positive COVID test result within the last 90 days, this may have precluded you from receiving a booster shot. We will waive the 7-month/booster requirement if you provide proof of infection, dated within the last 90 days. We encourage individuals to whom this applies to contact us at email@example.com before the event in order to streamline the vaccine verification process. A recent COVID infection does not substitute for an initial course of vaccination.
- We are currently not making any other exemptions to our vaccination requirements. However, if your vaccination record does not comply with the steps outlined above, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will consider your circumstance.
- Mask-wearing is required at our events. This means wearing a mask when you are indoors, as well as when you are outdoors in our main activity spaces (such as the Bumper Car Pavilion). If you need to take your mask off to drink water or take a break, please do so outdoors.
- We use the DancerVax vaccine verification system to check vaccination records. You are strongly encouraged to upload your record to DancerVax so that it can be verified ahead of time, and so that it only needs to be examined once. You can see further instructions below.
- If you are not registered with DancerVax, you are also welcome to bring a physical copy or a photo of your vaccination card to be reviewed at the door.
- Please bring a valid photo ID. That way we can verify vaccination records at check-in.
- Pre-registration is highly encouraged, but is not currently required. We will be collecting name and email address information for all attendees, including those who sign up at the door.
- Please practice good hygiene, including regular hand washing or use of hand sanitizer. We will provide hand sanitizer at our events.
- Whenever possible, depending on the venue, we'll have fans on and windows open for maximum ventilation. Weather permitting, we ask our attendees to drink water or otherwise take their masks off only outdoors outside the venue.
- If you are exhibiting COVID symptoms, or if you believe that you may have had recent exposure to COVID and have not yet received a negative test result, please do not attend our events. We are happy to process a refund for anyone who cannot attend for these reasons; email us at email@example.com
- Complying with the COVID Policies listed on this page is part of our Code of Conduct, which you agree to by attending our events. If you violate any part of the Code of Conduct, including our COVID Policies, you will be asked to change your behavior, leave, or be banned permanenty. We're serious about COVID stuff—don't mess around with people's health.
How to use DancerVax:
- Go to https://dancervax.org/.
- Create an account with DancerVax, either by using your email address and a password or by linking to your Google or Facebook account.
- Check your inbox for a verification email. Click on the link in the verification email to confirm your email address.
- Log in to DancerVax, upload your vaccination record, and fill out the associated form.
- Once your record has been reviewed and approved, you will receive a final verification email. You're all set!
NOTE: New Columbia Swing is not currently permitting exceptions to full vaccination for any purpose. If you enter a medical or religious exemption into DancerVax, this will not permit you to attend NCS events.
Still have questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll see you soon on the dance floor!
Looking for Previous Updates?
Our previous community updates have been moved here.